A very quick one today. GUIInfo is a tiny little utility that has a narrow purpose: it shows, in realtime, the current active, focus, foreground and capture window information for Windows.
Why this utility? Debugging focus issues is always frustrating. Attempting to observe current window focus information in a debugger results in the focus changing (to the debugger, of course). You can work around this – use remote debugging, or add logging in the debugger – but it’s a hassle.
Debugging focus issues would make Werner Heisenberg feel right at home.
- Updates 10 times a second so changes are reflected promptly.
- Changes are highlighted in green, and slowly fade back to black.
- Hovering over bold window labels will highlight the relevant window on the screen.
- Topmost, so you can see the information without needing to try and keep the window visible.
- Open Source – written in Delphi, MIT license.